Monday, December 16, 2013

Snow Photography {Tips}

Come on now, who is not in love with magical winter snow photography? I absolutely adore the softness and the creativity I can evoke with snow. Here is a little series I did of my daughter! We ventured out into the snow and I just let her do what she does best! :)
She is a major goofball!

Want to create some beautiful snow pictures of your own?
Here are a few tips:

1.) Try and avoid bright sunlight. I chose to put her in the shadow of a large pine tree. In the bright sun you lose a lot of detail in the snow and will have to underexpose your subject a lot. In the shadows you can expose your subject a little more, however a slight underexposure helps retain details.

2.) Choose a lens that gives you the depth you desire. I like the 70-200. It allows the foreground and background to be soft and luscious.

3.) Pick an outfit that is bright! Snow is like a blank canvas and pretty much begs for some beautiful colors!

4.) Last but not least, have fun! Get out there and snap some pictures! :)

snow photography, little red riding hood

snow photography, little red riding hood

snow photography, little red riding hood

No comments:

Post a Comment